Our members are made up of various Quality Healthcare Professionals: hospital quality, data analytics, managed care, medical records/health information, long-term care, risk managers/patient safety, and case management.
Anyone with an interest in Healthcare Quality is welcome to become a member.Membership is open to all who are involved with promoting the science and practice of healthcare quality management.
Dues are $50.00 per calendar year.
Included in this affiliation is our support for the Certified Professional in HealthCare Quality or CPHQ. The programs MAHQ offers provide continuing education credits for CPHQ re-certification for those who attend.
Many of our educational sessions are of interest to other healthcare professionals who may use the session brochure for their own re-certification process.
Our educational session brochures are shared with neighboring state associations. Typically our educational session averages about 40 to 50 attendees.
Individual Membership: Defined as those members who participate or show an interest in healthcare quality management, infection control, utilization management, risk management, discharge planning, care coordination, medical/case management, or other related areas. Individual members are eligible to vote, hold office, and serve on committees.
Honorary Membership: Defined as those members who have been recognized by the Board of Directors for having rendered outstanding service to the Association and who are not otherwise members.
Reasons to Join or Renew
- Network and collaborate with Maryland Quality Professionals
- Professional Educational sessions held throughout the year with cutting edge information in healthcare quality
- Discounted registration for MAHQ events and educational offerings
- Earn continuing education (CE) credits towards CPHQ re-certification
- Those with the CPHQ credential must have 30 CEs to re-certify every 2 years. MAHQ offers educational sessions providing 15 CEs per year, which would allow you to earn 100% of the CEs required for re-certification
- CPHQ review course taught by nationally recognized instructors
- Quarterly newsletter
- Access to job postings
- Opportunity to further the aims of the association and achieve professional goals by serving on the MAHQ Board and/or various committees
- Click HERE for responsibilities of the different committees within MAHQ -